Sunday, May 18, 2014

I made it!



Namaste everyone!! I've officially made it to Nepal in one piece and jet-lagged like nobody's business. It's 9:20am right now, but flying through two "nights" has definitely screwed up my system a bit. It'll probably take a few days to get used to it, but I'm sure it'll be fine eventually.

My flights went pretty well. I surprisingly slept for most of the first one to Istanbul. And Turkish Airlines was pretty nice as far as airlines go. They got really fancy when they actually handed out "menus" that detailed what was going to be served and when. Definitely beats having the flight attendants explain over and over again what the options are. They also handed out Turkish Delight right after take-off.

And now I'm charged with relaxing until early afternoon when I'll be off to see the Monkey Temple!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the gif! Can you see lots of mountains from the city? Have you almost been run over by a car or motorbike yet? Have you tried any Nepali food? Or learned new words? And what does Turkish Delight actually taste like? So many questions!! Plz include in next post--k tx ;) Namaste.

    ReplyDelete